Ananse Cross-Body Bag
The Ananse Cross-Body Bag is made from the popular Bogolan or Mudcloth textiles from Northern Mali and named after the infamous West African folktale about the spider, Ananse, whose spider web pattern is visible in the painted pattern on the bag. These handpainted patterns are made using 100% natural processes including hand-painting the textile’s patterns. Each bag has been meticulously finished by hand making them unique to any mass-produced bag found in department stores.
*Slight variations in textile cut patterns are common as these authentic West African textiles are individually hand-spun, hand-woven, hand-dyed, and hand-painted by artisans. The finished textile may have pattern variations or pulls at seams where fabric is joined together to make larger pieces of cloth. Our products are made with the highest quality assurance standards so that you will love your unique bags.
- Size is 9” x 7” inches & cross-body strap is 47” inches
- Black leather strap with gunmetal hardware
- Made from Malian Bogolan cloth and Black genuine leather from Niger
- Inside lining, pocket, snap closure
- Handmade in Ghana
- Comes with reusable, protective duster bag